12 toys for vacation
I have the great privilege of spending some much needed time playing with my family this summer season. As I was packing I thought about the toys we would need as a family of six and at the same time I thought of the different toys I would need in order to enjoy some time away from my normal rhythm of life de-stressing. Here is a list of 12 things I packed that would hopefully help me unwind a bit.
1. Macbook Pro - For times I need to jump online, write, collect my thoughts, answer much needed questions burning in my head, edit & store photos.
2. iPad Mini - I use the mini as one of my main methods of reading & playing music. I'm not into iPad games but very into my Kindle app & taking notes.
3. Custom Made Wood Pen - My buddy Carlos handmade this rollerball pen for me and it goes with me everywhere. I'm more of a gel ink guy but come on, who can resist a handmade wooden pen?
4. Moleskin Notebook - My friend Sandra gave me a set of three moleskins for my birthday a few years ago, I use them to collect poetry and the songs I write.
5. iPhone - Method of communication via phone, text & email. I limit my email intake to 1-2 hours per day but text and talk as a means of relaxation.
6. Nike GPS Sport Watch - My wife Summer gave this to me for Father's day and I've been using it ever since. I use this to track my mileage and pace.
7. Rebel Digital Camera - Photography has always been a passion of mine and now my wife is a professional photographer so together we're able to share our hobby of capturing stunning photos.... at least try to. :)
8. Biography on Leonardo DaVincii - I've always been fascinated by Leo. Packing a paper book is a discipline of mine for relaxation and enjoyment.
9. Ruler - I use the ruler for some of my sketch work. A must have.
10. Sketch Book - I will be using the sketch pad to work on some of my art skills so i am better able to draw.
11. Eraser - I'm a beginner pencil artists so I make lots of mistakes. That is where the eraser comes in handy.
12. Pencils - I am learning to sketch using pencil instead of my go to, pen. The pencils allow me to play with shading and erase my mistakes.
These are my 12 items I would want with me on vacation, what types of things do your normally use?